When a person decides to take legal action, one of the first steps involved, is sending an official communication to warn the offender of his/her intentions when a specified condition was not complied upon as agreed, when the contract was signed between both the parties. For instance, a legal notice can be issued to a tenant for not paying the rent as per the agreed terms and conditions before moving into the property of the owner’s house. Therefore, this gives the landlord the right to send a legal notice to the renter with the immediate effect of paying the dues before the specified date or vacate immediately.
Benefits of A Legal Notice
- Warning: A legal notice ensures that the offender is made aware of his/her duties to be performed, and the consequences of non-compliance.
- Caveat: The wrongdoer is informed about the potential litigation and opportunity to rectify his/her error
- Resolution of Dispute: Both parties shall resolve their dispute by negotiating between themselves.
- Amicable Settlement: The process of litigation is time-consuming in lieu of which direct settlement makes things quicker and easier.
Checklist For Issuing A Legal Notice
- Legitimate rights to the property are denied.
- A bounced cheque.
- Personal disputes i.e divorce, maintenance and custody of children.
- To execute a specific performance of the contract.
- If the intellectual property of the rightful owner has been infringed.
- When employees of any organization are subject to sexual harassment, cruelty and other violation of labor laws.
- Unlawful termination from employment.
- Payment dispute between the company and its employees or laborers.
- Breach of contract by the signatory.
What Are The Contents of A Legal Notice:
- The legal notice contains the basic averment of the affected party.
- The aggrieved party will make his allegation on the person addressed or receiver.
- The aggrieved party will state his solution to the dispute.
- It contains the claim of the aggrieved party to remedy the current issue.
- It will enumerate the civil and penal consequences if the rights and claims of the aggrieved party were not fulfilled.
StartupGenie Process of Filing for a Legal Notice
Issuing A Legal Notice
Upon contact, your request to file for a legal notice will be received and our representative will be in touch with you to take your request forward. If we need more information from your end, we will call you as and when required. After we receive all your details, our in-house lawyers and legal experts, will create the legal notice and send it across for your view within 2- 4 business days.
Your original price includes two rounds of iterations. Therefore, if you need any changes done to the legal notice, our lawyers will do the needful and send it across to you for your view once again.
Access To Experts
We provide access to reliable professionals and coordinate with them to fulfill all your legal requirements. You can also track the progress on our online platform, at all times.
By handling all the paperwork, we ensure a seamless interactive process with the government. We provide clarity on the incorporation process to set realistic expectations.
With a team of over 300 experienced business advisors and legal professionals, you are just a phone call away from the best in legal services.